Our Bodies and Our Lives
Day to day life puts strain on the human body whether its from over use such as sports related issues or underuse such as sitting at a desk all day. The body is designed to move and be used in balance – yet so few of us actually strike that proper balance.
These bodies of ours require regular maintenance. Either to work on issues that have been created or, perhaps more importantly, to prevent issues from ever happening. It important to take care of ourselves whether physically, mentally or emotionally.
Creating Care in Our Modern Culture
Therapeutic work means working deeply with the body to treat any issues which arise from using our bodies. And in our modern culture with computer and cell phone use we have begun to experience an entirely new set of issues.
What Body Work Can Help With
- Tension – Build up of tensions takes the body out of it free form of fluid motion and holds in place bad physical habits. Releasing tension allows the body to release old energy, old physical form. Some common issues that can relieved:
- Shoulder Tension
- Upper Back Ache
- Low Back Ache
- Knee Pain
- Bad Posture – So often when posture comes up the standard “sit up straight” from childhood comes up. But posture is more than just trying to be in the right position – it is about helping our bodies align with gravity and move with greater ease.
- Nerve impingement – Obstruction of the nerve pathway can create many symptoms that can effect quality of life. Some of these are:
- Numbness – The lack of proper flow from the nerve end to end can create a sensation of numbness often seen in the parts of the arm, the finger, or base of the skull.
- Shooting Pain – Or what I would call Zingers. Nerve signals can create shooting sensations whether up the lower back, the base of the neck, down the arms or down the legs. Each of these can be treated by unobstructing the nerve pathways.
- Weakness – One side effect of the nerve issues can be weakened strength in the muscles or less of sense of proprioception in movement creating a feeling of less strength in the hands and feet.
Stress – The big one. Stress is common ailment in our culture – once the thing that kept us alive, now is the thing that holds us back. Often the body is out of alignment with how it responds to stress and so the nervous system needs to be brought back down and reset from time to time.
Depression – Human touch and Body work has been show to scientifically alleviate symptoms of depression and
Anxiety – Another emotion that takes us out of the present. Body Work allows us to let go and be present to our bodies and our own emotions.
Your Body, Your Life
Deep Therapeutic work is tailored to the individual. That is why the intake form and initial assessment is so important when first coming in – Each session is done with an outcome in mind that works for you.
The Therapies we use
In treating all of the symptom above we specialize in advanced holistic techniques treating to the person’s need and desired outcome.
Our Therapies include:
- Trigger Point Therapy (NeuroMuscular Therapy)
- Fisher Technique (Low back and Hip Realignment)
- Deep Tissue
- Enhanced Range of Motion
- CranialSacral Therapy